[petsc-users] numerical quadrature

Gideon Simpson gideon.simpson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 22:00:20 CST 2015

Suppose I have a function f at sample points x, with x and f both stored as Vec distributed structures.  What I would like to do is compute an estimate of the anti derivative of f,

\int_a^x f(s)ds

for a<= x <=b.

One way I can see how to compute this efficiently is to do the numerical quadrature on each node, and then use standard MPI to send the successive cumulative quantity from processor 0 to 1 to 2, and so on.  I am wondering if there is a “PETSc” way to do this kind of calculation, as opposed to relying on MPI code.

-gideon