[petsc-users] Variatonal inequalities

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Aug 22 21:29:25 CDT 2015

  David,

   Currently the only way to do this without adding a lot of additional PETSc code is to add additional variables such that only box constraints appear in the final problem. For example say you have constraints   c <= Ax <= d then introduce new variables y = Ax and then you have the larger problem of unknowns (x,y) and box constrains on y with -infinity and +infinity constraints on x.

  Barry