[petsc-users] SIGSEGV in Superlu_dist

Anthony Haas aph at email.arizona.edu
Wed Aug 12 14:01:32 CDT 2015

Hi Hong,

I have attached a schematic of my matrices. I solve a generalized EVP in
shift-and-invert mode. As you will see, I have indeed a zero diagonal
block in the matrices A and B (blocks 4,4). I guess I could just add the
zero entries to the diagonal elements of A? Is that strictly necessary
when using a direct (LU) solver? Can you please give me a short
explanation of why empty diagonal blocks can be problematic?

Is the patch still available at:
https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/ceeba3afeff0c18262ed13ef92e2508ca68b0ecf
?

Thanks again,