[petsc-users] checking jacobian

Gideon Simpson gideon.simpson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 13:09:12 CDT 2015

I don’t see it listed in -help, but I do get

./blowup -xmax 50 -nx 1000 -snes_check_jacobian
      Testing hand-coded Jacobian, if the ratio is O(1.e-8), the hand-coded Jacobian is probably correct.
      Run with -snes_check_jacobian_view [viewer][:filename][:format] to show difference of hand-coded and finite difference Jacobian.
    63386.1 = ||J - Jfd||//J|| 63386.1  = ||J - Jfd||

-gideon