[petsc-users] Profiling/checkpoints

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Aug 4 17:36:08 CDT 2015

  Correction, even in parallel you should be able to use a 0 for the viewer for calls to KSPView() etc; just make sure you do the same call on each process that shares the object.

   To change the viewer format you do need to use PetscViewerSetFormat(PETSC_VIEWER_STDOUT_(PETSC_COMM_WORLD), PETSC_VIEWER_ASCII_INFO)  to change the format for parallel objects that live on PETSC_COMM_WORLD.

  Barry

PetscViewerSetFormat(0, PETSC_VIEWER_ASCII_INFO) only effects the format of the sequential ASCII viewer.