[petsc-users] I am wondering if there is a way to implement SPMM

Patrick Sanan patrick.sanan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 04:46:31 CDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 04, 2015 at 06:09:30PM +0900, Cong Li wrote:
> I am sorry that I should have explained it more clearly.
> Actually I want to compute a recurrence.
>
> Like, I want to firstly compute A*X1=B1, and then calculate A*B1=B2,
> A*B2=B3 and so on.
> Finally I want to combine all these results into a bigger matrix C=[B1,B2
> ...]
>
> Is there any way to do this efficiently.
With no other information about your problem, one literal solution might be to use MATNEST to define C once you have computed B1,B2,..
However, this invites questions about what you plan to do with C and whether you require explicit representations of some or all of these matrices, and what problem sizes you are considering.