[petsc-users] Paraview 3.x

Håkon Strandenes haakon at hakostra.net
Thu Apr 16 14:54:17 CDT 2015

I does at least know that Paraview *used to* only support volume
rendering for unstructured grid data and voxel datasets, i.e. datasets
in which the grid spacing is constant along each direction (but
different spacing in the different directions are allowed). The volume
rendering capabilities did at least not previously support rectilinear
grids with non-uniform spacing. See f.ex.
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/paraview/2012-May/024992.html

I guess your VTS dataset is written as a rectilinear grid with
non-uniform spacing? (I have never used this viewer)

Maybe they simply have added this support (or a workaround) in the
latest 4.2 series? And that volume rendering of VTS data is not possible
in your 3.x version?

Håkon