[petsc-users] PetscFEIntegrateResidual_OpenCL w/ viennacl

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 13:21:06 CDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 12:59 PM, David Fuentes <fuentesdt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when using the snes/ex12 example
> https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/src/f5476a2b443e0eedb22d31cb1b2d85b9b918f73f/src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex12.c?at=master
> with
>
> -variable_coefficient field  -petscfe_type opencl -mat_petscfe_type opencl
>
> and
>
> -dm_vec_type  viennacl -dm_mat_type seqaijviennacl -mat_type seqaijviennacl
>
> will PetscFEIntegrateResidual_OpenCL transfer the residual vector directly
> to the
> viennacl datastructures on the GPU for the solve ?
> is the output residual of PetscFEIntegrateResidual_OpenCL a vector on the
> CPU ?

The answer is Yes, if I have not screwed anything up. I have not
specifically checked, and
this stuff is still fairly touchy. It should be easy to check by just
forming one residual. There
should be no entries in log_summary for the GPU communication.

Karl, is this easy to check for you? I need to get everything reinstalled
on a different machine.