[petsc-users] Reusing search directions

De Groof, Vincent Frans Maria Vincent.De-Groof at uibk.ac.at
Fri Mar 28 11:56:38 CDT 2014

Hi all,

for the reanalysis of a set of problems (think sensitivity study, reliability, ... ), I'd like to reuse (some) of the search directions of previous problems I solved. The idea is to orthogonolize the new search directions also to a set of user-defined vectors. This idea is not new, and while browsing through the mailing lists, there have been a few discussions on related topics.

1* Can I access/store the old search directions of an iterative solve. Maybe through KSP?
2* Is there an augmented conjugated gradient implementation available? I've read some discussions on whether or not to implement this since a multigrid approach can reach the same objective. But I don't know if it was implemented or not.

thanks,
Vincent