[petsc-users] Insufficient memory when using GMRES + Boomeramg

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 09:59:25 CDT 2014

Hi,

I am running a CFD solver. The Poisson eqn was originally solved using
HYPRE's geometric multigrid.

Recently, I tested it with Boomeramg as the preconditioner and GMRES as
the ksp solver. There's a 20% increase in speed.

However, when I increased the grid resolution, I got the out of memory
error. Changing the solver back to HYPRE solved the problem.

So does GMRES  + Boomeramg used more memory than other solvers? Are
there alternatives?

Thank you.

--
Yours sincerely,