[petsc-users] PETSc and smoothed particle hydrodynamics

Dave May dave.mayhem23 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 16:14:14 CDT 2014

I've not seen anyone doing this before. For representing particle data in
parallel, petsc objects (eg vecs) are not really suitable as they don't
support dynamic resizing of the local or global size.

Most SPH calculations are explicit. If you're doing incompressible flow and
use a projection scheme which enforces the in compressibility via a
variable coefficient poisson solve, petsc would be useful for that solve.

Cheers
  Dave