[petsc-users] Restart capability in TS

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 12 18:57:13 CDT 2014

On Mar 12, 2014, at 2:52 PM, Jed Brown <jed at jedbrown.org> wrote:

> Mani Chandra <mc0710 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any inbuilt routine/switch to restart a run from a .vts/binary
>> file using the TS module? I can write one in my code but I just wanted to
>> check if such a capability already exists.
>
> There is a TSLoad in 'master', but most simulations have to load up lots
> of other data structures, so I think most people will just VecLoad their
> solution and TSSolve.

  My hope is eventually to provide a way for users to register all the “data times” (auxiliary vectors, meshes, …)  that need to be stored at the end and then have TSLoad be able to mange loading everything back up and transparently continuing the TS time stepping.

  If you have want to try the TSView() and TSLoad() for binary viewers in master I can provide guidance. It is in src/ts/examples/tutorials/ex28.c in the master branch.