[petsc-users] petsc malloc multidimensional array

吕超 luchao at mail.iggcas.ac.cn
Tue Mar 11 09:05:42 CDT 2014

Hi, Matthew:

     Thank you for your reply so fast! but I also have some questions:

    2d arrays I used is just intermediate variable, not for fields, and the fields is used Vector. In Finite element method, when I use element stiffness matrix to assemble global stiffness matrix, I always first compute the 2d element stiffness matrixs whose size is 512*512(inner points in element),so big for static arrays. So i want to use PetscMalloc to bulid 2d arrays to store element stiffness matrixs' values. And I don't know how to do, could do tell me?

     then use another 1d array to abstract the nonzero values from 2d arrays above-mentioned. could do you please tell me  some other methods much more convenient and faster?