[petsc-users] (no subject)

Bogdan Dita bogdan at lmn.pub.ro
Mon Jun 23 04:16:39 CDT 2014

Hello,

I wanted to see how well Umfpack performs in PETSc but i encountered a
problem regarding the matrix type used and the way is distributed. I'm
trying to solve for multiple frequencies in parallel, where system matrix
A = omega*E-C, and omega is a frequency dependent scalar. Can i send
matrix E and C to each process, plus a set of frequencies to compute omega
and form A_k = omega_k * E - C and then solve for every omega? Is this
even possible given that Umfpack only works with SeqAij?

Best regards,
Bogdan

----
Bogdan DITA, PhD Student