[petsc-users] Ensuring non-negative solutions

Gautam Bisht gbisht at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 11 09:41:58 CDT 2014

PETSc,

I had few questions regarding adaptive time stepping inTS.

- Can temporal adaptivity in TS ensure non-negative solution of a PDE?
- For coupled multi-physics problems, can TS ensure non-negative solution
for only one of the physics (eg. ensuring non-negative surface pressure for
a coupled surface-subsurface flow simulation)?
- Are there examples for such a case?

At this stage I'm interested in finding out if ensuring non-negative
solution is feasible and what would be required for such an implementation.
If you could point me to some references that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Gautam.