[petsc-users] questions on KSP solver and preconditioning

Sun, Hui hus003 at ucsd.edu
Thu Jun 5 13:31:20 CDT 2014

>From the output of the command ./ex19 -help | grep -A5 ksp_type, I can see the possible Krylov method options:
 cg groppcg pipecg cgne nash stcg gltr richardson chebyshev gmres tcqmr bcgs ibcgs fbcgs fbcgsr bcgsl cgs tfqmr cr pipecr lsqr preonly qcg bicg fgmres minres symmlq lgmres lcd gcr pgmres specest dgmres (KSPSetType)

The multigrid method does not belong to the Krylov methods so it is not there. I'm wondering which option should I specify if I want to use multigrid and hence the NonlinearGS smoother?