[petsc-users] About parallel performance

Qin Lu lu_qin_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 09:13:21 CDT 2014

Will the speedup measured by the streams benchmark the upper limit of speedup of a parallel program? I.e., suppose there is a program with ideal linear speedup (=2 for np=2 if running in a perfect machine for parallelism), if it runs in your laptop, the maximum speedup would be 1.44 with np=2?

Thanks,
Qin