[petsc-users] DIVERGED_INDEFINITE_PC in algebraic multigrid

Michele Rosso mrosso at uci.edu
Mon Jun 2 00:46:56 CDT 2014

Mark,

I tried to reset every-time: the number of iterations is now constant
during the whole simulation!
I tried GMG instead of AMG as well: it works in this case too, so the
trick was to reset the ksp object each time.
As you predicted, each solve takes longer since the ksp has to be setup
again. I noticed that the time increase is larger than 2x, particularly
for large grids.
I need to optimize the solve now, maybe by resetting only when needed.
Could you help me with that please?

Thanks,
Michele