[petsc-users] Shell matrix in petsc4py?

Gaetan Kenway gaetank at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 18:48:00 CDT 2014

Hi Jonathan

I've successfully used petsc shell matrices from Python. There is an
example of how to do it in demo/poisson2d/poisson2d.py. The example is a
little sparse, but it has all the important information. The most important
is to define the

def mult(self, mat, x, y):

routine inside of a Python class that is given in mat.setPythonContext()
command.

Hope that helps.

Gaetan