[petsc-users] TAOGetKSP fails if TAOSolve has not been called.

Blaise A Bourdin bourdin at lsu.edu
Wed Jul 30 18:19:07 CDT 2014

Responding to myself to clarify my question:

This is with petsc-maint (3.5) up to date

bourdin at galerkin:tutorials (maint)$ git show
commit 587bed1b5ce23d03610a5e586bde2d77cb223937
Merge: ac2cab2 4856ba2
Author: Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov>
Date:   Wed Jul 30 09:53:57 2014 -0500

    Merge branch 'barry/check-mpi-include' into maint

I see in the release notes of 3.5.1 a reference to TAOSetUp()being needed, but calling TaoSetUp after TAOSetFromOptions but before TaoGetKSP does not make any difference.

Breakpoint 1.1, main (argc=3, argv=0x7fff5fbfe9f8) at /opt/HPC/petsc-3.5/src/tao/unconstrained/examples/tutorials/eptorsion1.c:148
148       ierr = TaoSetFromOptions(tao);CHKERRQ(ierr);
(idb) n
150     ierr = TaoSetUp(tao);
(idb)
151     ierr = TaoGetKSP(tao,&ksp);
(idb)
153     ierr = KSPView(ksp,PETSC_VIEWER_STDOUT_WORLD);
(idb) print tao
$1 = (struct _p_Tao *) 0x10885c860
(idb) print ksp
$2 = (struct _p_KSP *) 0x0