[petsc-users] Petsc/3.5.0 make test failed

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 25 13:32:48 CDT 2014

On Jul 25, 2014, at 12:23 PM, Kai Song <ksong at lbl.gov> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Thanks for all the suggestions! I took Satish's advice, removed the source, and did a fresh built.
>
> It got through the test compiling, but the tests failed as follow:
> ==================
> Running test examples to verify correct installation
> Using PETSC_DIR=/clusterfs/voltaire/home/software/modules/petsc/3.5.0 and PETSC_ARCH=arch-linux2-c-debug
> Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 1 MPI process
> See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html
> lid velocity = 0.0016, prandtl # = 1, grashof # = 1
> Number of SNES iterations = 2
> Possible error running C/C++ src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex19 with 2 MPI processes
> See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html

   Surely it did not print … here? What was the complete message?

   Usually this happens due to an incompatible mpiexec being used because it appears earlier in the path.

   What happens if you do

cd src/snes/examples/tutorials
make ex19
mpiexec -n 2 ./ex19

for mpiexec use the one associated with the MPI that you built PETSc with

  Barry