[petsc-users] PETSc Binary format to Matrix Market

Qiyue Lu qiyuelu1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 14:53:09 CDT 2014

Dear All:

My collaborators sent me some PETSc binary format files(matrix, RHS) with
an convertor code which converts these binary file to Matrix Market. They
did tests on their machine and it works.

However, when I compile this convertor code and running it with their PETSc
binary format matrix file, I got a message like:
[0]PETSC ERROR: Unexpected data in file
[0]PETSC ERROR: not matrix object

Because there is no error in convertor code compilation and we are using
the same version of PETSc, I am wondering, Is this due to 'binary format
compatible problem', the PETSc binary matrix file is hardware-platform
dependent?

Thanks

Qiyue Lu