[petsc-users] Matlab gets a different solution to Petsc

Andrew Cramer andrewdalecramer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 18:34:32 CDT 2014

I get *significantly *different results from backslash and petsc using
the *same
matrix*.

                 Deflection  |Au-b|/|b|
Euler-Bernoulli:       4000
Petsc:                 4386        0.3
Matlab:                4013    1.6e-10

I'm exporting to 6 significant figures. Condition number is rather poor
(~2e7) but I get similar or worse results with problems having lower
conditions numbers (~1e3).