[petsc-users] fill factor in factorization SLEPC

jifeng zhao jifengzhao2015 at u.northwestern.edu
Thu Jul 3 21:45:32 CDT 2014

Hi all,

I am using SLEPC to solve an eigenvalue problem.

I tried to add -info at run time. And I get instruction:

MatLUFactorSymbolic_SeqAIJ(): Run with -pc_factor_fill 3.87526 or use
MatLUFactorSymbolic_SeqAIJ(): PCFactorSetFill(pc,3.87526);
MatLUFactorSymbolic_SeqAIJ(): for best performance.

However, when I tried to add -*st_pc_factor_fill* 3.87526 at run time. It
is not recognized at all!

WARNING! There are options you set that were not used!
WARNING! could be spelling mistake, etc!
Option left: name:-st_pc_factor_fill value: 3.87526

Same things happened if I tried *pc_factor_fill* 3.87526

Does anybody know how to change the fill of factorization for SLEPC?

Thanks,
Jifeng Zhao

--
Jifeng Zhao
PhD candidate at Northwestern University, US