[petsc-users] MPIBAIJ MatMult and non conforming object sizes error on some matrices

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 18 03:35:12 CST 2014

  You are setting the local vector size per process without regard to the local size of the matrix

ierr = VecSetSizes(x,m/total_ranks,m);CHKERRQ(ierr); //Force local size instead of PETSC_DECIDE
 ierr = VecSetFromOptions(x);CHKERRQ(ierr);

  hence the parallel layout of the vector does not match that of the matrix,

  The easiest fix is to use MatCreateVecs() (previously called MatGetVecs()) to get an empty vector with the right layout to match that matrix.

  Barry