[petsc-users] Parallelization efficiency diagnose

Sun, Hui hus003 at ucsd.edu
Thu Dec 4 19:15:38 CST 2014

Thank you Jed. I don't know how to use "lstopo" from the hwloc, but I looked up the cores and memory from the hardware overview from my MAC, it has

Number of Processors:	1
Total Number of Cores:	2

Besides, as you said, there are 4 logical cores due to hyperthreading. However, I'm still expecting to get speed doubled because I have 2 real cores. So where is the restriction then?

Best,
Hui