[petsc-users] Structured multi-block topology

Mark Lohry mlohry at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 14:47:10 CDT 2014

Most common use case would be from 1 to 15 blocks or so, although I
have occasionally seen need for 100+. This also brings to mind a
question I had about more general connectivity in single-block domains
like a C-mesh, where you have halo dependencies to itself that are not
simply "periodic."

As far as the difficult task of setting up the communication, is that
even possible to do manually without treating everything as fully
unstructured? What other packages are out there for multi block
structured domains?