[petsc-users] MATLAB and PetSc

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 23 14:15:02 CDT 2014

On Apr 23, 2014, at 2:06 PM, Umut Tabak <u.tabak at tudelft.nl> wrote:

> On 04/23/2014 08:59 PM, Barry Smith wrote:
>>
>>    No mex is not used; instead the MATLAB function calllib() is used which is a million times easier than messing with mex. To use PETSc from Matlab you need to ./configure PETSc with the option —with-matlab    It does not work currently in parallel.  If you put the classes directory in your matlab path than you can do help Petsc etc to see help for classes or just look in the top of those files. You will have to be proactive at using this stuff and figuring it out I cannot walk you through every little step.
> Hi Barry,
>
> I am following this discussion at the moment, but there is no documentation at the moment for this part of PETSc, right? It is as is…

   There is no comprehensive beginning to end tutorial that focuses on using PETSc exclusively from Matlab. You have to use a combination of the regular users manual, the regular manual pages, the matlab examples and the documentation at the top of the matlab classes (help Petsc etc).

   It would be great if someone put together some coordinated documentation.

  Barry