[petsc-users] [beginner question] Different communicators in the two objects: Argument # 1 and 2 flag 3!

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Tue Apr 22 07:02:02 CDT 2014

Niklas Fischer <niklas at niklasfi.de> writes:
> thank you for your inputs. Unfortunately MPI does not seem to be the
> issue here. The attachment contains a simple MPI hello world program
> which runs flawlessly (I will append the output to this mail) and I have
> not encountered any problems with other MPI programs. My question still
> stands.

The output below is amazingly ugly and concerning.  Matt answered your
question, but in your build system, you should not be adding
-DPETSC_CLANGUAGE_CXX; that is a configure-time option, not something
that your code can change arbitrarily.  Your makefile should include
$PETSC_DIR/conf/variables (and conf/rules if you want, but not if you
want to write your own rules).