[petsc-users] Elasticity tensor in ex52

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 18:19:10 CDT 2014

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Miguel Angel Salazar de Troya <
salazardetroya at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your response. Now I understand a bit better your
> implementation, but I am still confused. Is the g3 function equivalent to
> the f_{1,1} function in the matrix in equation (3) in this paper:
> http://arxiv.org/pdf/1309.1204v2.pdf ? If so, why would it have terms
> that depend on the trial fields? I think this is what is confusing me.

Yes, it is. It has no terms that depend on the trial fields. It is just
indexed by the number of components in that field. It is
a continuum thing, which has nothing to do with the discretization. That is
why it acts pointwise.

   Matt

>>> compI = 0 , d = 1      ----->     index = 3
>>> compI = 1 , d = 0      ----->     index = 12