[petsc-users] libpetsc.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write at GFORTRAN_1.4'

Matteo Parsani parsani.matteo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 11:14:23 CDT 2014

Dear PETSc Users and Developers,
I have compiled successfully PETSc 3.4 with gfortran 4.7.2.
However, when I compile my code, during the linking phase I get this error:

/ump/fldmd/home/pmatteo/research/workspace/codes/ssdc/deps/petsc/lib/libpetsc.so:
undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_character_write at GFORTRAN_1.4'
/ump/fldmd/home/pmatteo/research/workspace/codes/ssdc/deps/petsc/lib/libpetsc.so:
undefined reference to `_gfortran_transfer_integer_write at GFORTRAN_1.4'

Any idea?
Is it related to the gcc compiler options?

Thank you,

--
Matteo