[petsc-users] Test Jacobian

Peter Brune prbrune at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 11:09:40 CDT 2014

Perhaps there might be a clue somewhere else in the message:

[0]PETSC ERROR: SNESTest aborts after Jacobian test!

All SNESTest does is compute the difference between the finite-difference
Jacobian and the user Jacobian (congratulations! yours isn't very
different!) and then aborts with the error that you have experienced here.

It may finally be time to excise SNESTest entirely as we have way better
alternatives now.  Anyone mind if I do that?  I'll make sure to update the
docs appropriately.

- Peter