[petsc-users] Questions abt DM and DMDALocalToLocalBegin / End

TAY wee-beng zonexo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 09:47:06 CDT 2014

Hi,

I have questions abt DM and DMDALocalToLocalBegin / End.

I have 3 dof for u,v,w using DMDACreate3d.

Currently I'm using the topology of DM to help update the ghost values
on each processor.

I found that to update the ghost values, I only need to use
DMDALocalToLocalBegin / End.

Is this so?

Initially, I was using :

DMLocalToGlobalBegin / End and then

DMGlobalToLocalBegin / End.

Another thing is updating ghost values of only a single variable e.g. u.

Is that possible if my DMDACreate3d has 3 dof u,v,w?

Or must I create DMDACreate3d with only 1 dof u?

--
Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

TAY wee-beng