[petsc-users] Bug in boundary conditions (ex25.c) ?

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 28 09:00:56 CDT 2013

Christophe Ortiz <christophe.ortiz at ciemat.es> writes:
> But just to understand what I'm doing, what does TSSetEquationType do
> internally ?

It tells the method what is necessary to evaluate stage derivatives, and
affects the starting method and (possibly) what can be carried over from
the last step.

> For the type of problem I'm trying to solve, is TS_EQ_DAE_IMPLICIT_INDEX1
> ok ?

Yes.

> What is the difference with TS_EQ_DAE_IMPLICIT_INDEX2,3 or _INDEXHI ?

I believe these are currently unused, but if we add support for
computing consistent initial conditions, we'll have to know the index.