[petsc-users] Fortran interface -- low level access to petsc data

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 28 08:15:13 CDT 2013

Hossein Talebi <talebi.hossein at gmail.com> writes:
> What was in my mind is to create an interface additional to what is already
> there in petsc. So this should be compiled along with anyone's code if the
> used ocmpiler supports F03 or the necessary features of F03.

I don't think anyone will want to manually maintain the interface
definitions for all of PETSc.  (F2003 users can call the C interface
using the C types support now, but of course you'd rather have Fortran
interfaces so that you can have type checking.)  It seems to me that the
big win of F2003 is that it should be possible to automatically generate
almost all these definitions.  But how would you manage callbacks?