[petsc-users] using petsc tools to solve isolated irregular domains with finite difference

Bishesh Khanal bisheshkh at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 10:04:44 CDT 2013

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Bishesh Khanal <bisheshkh at gmail.com>wrote:

>>> They are fixed. Pull again and rebuild.
>>>

>> doing git pull in the next branch says "Already up-to-date.", I'm not
>> sure if it should have said that then. Still tried ./configure and make
>> again but returns the same error. Does it take sometime to get updated in
>> the servers or do I need to do anything special again other than the
>> following ? :
>> git checkout next
>> git pull
>>

> Okay, it should be this
>
> git checkout next
> git pull
> make allfortranstubs
> make

Thanks, but now it reports another error:

         CXX arch-linux2-cxx-debug/obj/src/dm/impls/redundant/dmredundant.o
         CXX
arch-linux2-cxx-debug/obj/src/dm/impls/redundant/ftn-auto/dmredundantf.o
         CXX arch-linux2-cxx-debug/obj/src/dm/impls/plex/plexcreate.o
src/dm/impls/da/hypre/mhyp.c: In function ‘PetscErrorCode
MatSetupDM_HYPREStruct(Mat, DM)’:
src/dm/impls/da/hypre/mhyp.c:485:58: error: invalid conversion from
‘PetscInt** {aka int**}’ to ‘const PetscInt** {aka const int**}’
[-fpermissive]
/home/bkhanal/Documents/softwares/petsc/include/petscdmda.h:68:27: error:
initializing argument 3 of ‘PetscErrorCode DMDAGetGlobalIndices(DM,
PetscInt*, const PetscInt**)’ [-fpermissive]
src/dm/impls/da/hypre/mhyp.c: In function ‘PetscErrorCode
MatSetupDM_HYPRESStruct(Mat, DM)’:
src/dm/impls/da/hypre/mhyp.c:963:58: error: invalid conversion from
‘PetscInt** {aka int**}’ to ‘const PetscInt** {aka const int**}’
[-fpermissive]
/home/bkhanal/Documents/softwares/petsc/include/petscdmda.h:68:27: error:
initializing argument 3 of ‘PetscErrorCode DMDAGetGlobalIndices(DM,
PetscInt*, const PetscInt**)’ [-fpermissive]
gmake[2]: *** [arch-linux2-cxx-debug/obj/src/dm/impls/da/hypre/mhyp.o]
Error 1
gmake[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/home/bkhanal/Documents/softwares/petsc'
gmake[1]: *** [gnumake] Error 2
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bkhanal/Documents/softwares/petsc'
  Error during compile, check arch-linux2-cxx-debug/conf/make.log
  Send it and arch-linux2-cxx-debug/conf/configure.log to
petsc-maint at mcs.anl.gov
make: *** [all] Error 1