[petsc-users] Fortran interface -- low level access to petsc data

Hossein Talebi talebi.hossein at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 06:16:04 CDT 2013

 Hello All,

I am trying to use petsc with Fortran. The initial mechanism to use petsc
with FORTRAN77 that works fine. However, I found the Fortran 90 interfaces
difficult to work with. The very first issue is one has to recompile petsc
with the Fortran compiler in case different to the one which was used to
create the Fortran Mod files. Also, we would still need to use C type
#include statements along with Fortran 'use' statement which is not so
optimal.

Since Fortran 2003 offers great interface to C, did anyone try to write a
F03 interface to petsc? Using F03 features, we can have very low data
access to petsc database as well.

Cheers
Hossein