[petsc-users] Including user made shared library in makefile.

Anthony Vergottis a.vergottis at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Oct 21 14:31:44 CDT 2013

Dear All,

I was wondering how does one include a .so object when compiling with a
PETSc makefile? I have made various .so object for many projects and they
work properly by specifying the -L location and the -lLibrary name. But
when I try to link the .so object via a PETSc make file (after compilation
with no errors) the ldd command does not show the library as being linked.

Is there any internal behaviour of PETSc I should be aware of?  Have tried
everything possible.

I have configure PETSc with the following flags (if this helps).

--download-mpich --with-clanguage=c++ --download-f-blas-lapack
--download-metis --download-parmetis --with-shared-libraries=1
--with-dynamic-loading=1

This is the sample makefile:

include ${PETSC_DIR}/conf/variables
include ${PETSC_DIR}/conf/rules
LIBS=-L/home/adonis/Dropbox/ParallelSolver -lpro

pro: pro.o 2D_CBS_Solver.o
            ${CLINKER} -o pro pro.o 2D_CBS_Solver.o ${PETSC_LIB} ${LIBS}
            ${RM} pro.o 2D_CBS_Solver.o

After this makefile is run still ldd does not show linkage.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Anthony