[petsc-users] Dense Matrix setting local rows / local columns Question

James A Charles charlesj at purdue.edu
Fri Oct 18 12:35:53 CDT 2013

Thank you all for the responses. I was able to figure out the issue with the dense matrix. I had another question related to dense matrices. Does there exist support for multiplication of a sparse A and dense B matrix matrix multiplication in parallel? I'm using Petsc Release Version 3.4.2 and I am getting an error "No support for this operation for this object type! MatMatMult not supported for B of type mpidense" This makes me think that this is not supported. If it's not, are there plans to support this?

Thanks,
James