[petsc-users] Suggestions for code with dof >> 1 ?

Christophe Ortiz christophe.ortiz at ciemat.es
Mon Oct 7 14:49:39 CDT 2013

Thanks. I got it.

For the moment I have some general questions.

- I see that in this example all terms--diffusion and reactions--are put
into RHSFunction. There is no IFunction. Is there a reason for that ?  In
which cases one should use IFunction or RHSFunction ? In ts/.../ex25.c,
diffusion terms are defined in IFunction and reaction terms in RHSFunction.
Why not here ?

- If only RHSFunction is used, how is it possible to define boundary
conditions ? For instance, a Dirichlet boundary condition, u(i=0)=3. In
ts/.../ex2.c, only RHSFunction is used and the boundary conditions are
defined through u_t,

- In this type of problem, which TS scheme is recommended ? TSARKIMEX ?

- The option TSARKIMEXSetFullyImplicit is used. Why ? Does it help ?

Christophe

CIEMAT
Laboratorio Nacional de Fusión por Confinamiento Magnético
Unidad de Materiales
Edificio 2 - Planta 0 - Despacho 28m
Avenida Complutense 40,
28040 Madrid, Spain
Tel: +34 91496 2582
Fax: +34 91346 6442

Por favor, piense en el medio ambiente antes de imprimir este mensaje.