[petsc-users] GAMG processor reduction

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Thu Nov 21 18:10:39 CST 2013

'-pc_gamg_verbose 2' will print out stuff where you can see the number of
active processors.  We have not been super motivated to use subcoms because
there are no norms taken on coarse grids, except in the eigen estimator for
cheby, unless you use krylov in the solver, which is not usually useful.
Jed: GAMG does reduce active processors by default.  I'm pretty sure.  I
assume that if you are using an iterative solver on the coarse grid that
you have a singular problem, and the AMG coarse grid space can represent it
exactly, so you have a singular matrix one the coarse grid.
Mark