[petsc-users] Local and Global numberings after DMPlexDistribute

Anthony Vergottis a.vergottis at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 12 17:32:28 CST 2013

I would like to calculate the area of all the elements in my unstructured
mesh. This is the process that I have envisaged:

1) Partition the mesh with DMPlexDistribute.

2) Obtain which cell/vertices are owned by each process.

3) Have each process calculate the area of the cells it own, as I would
like to do this in parallel.

I hope this explains things a bit better.

Thanks.

Regards,
Anthony