[petsc-users] solving stokes-like equation in 3D staggered grid in irregular domain with petscsection

Dave May dave.mayhem23 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 17:00:32 CST 2013

Since your using staggered grids, the physical boundary of your domain will
be approximate by a "stair-case" type of boundary. (Correct me if this is
not what you were thinking to do) Thus, imposing traction boundary
conditions on the stair-case boundary should be no more complex than it was
in your standard cube domain with staggered grids. The only exception is
that you have to implement, in a cell-wise manner, the imposition of the
traction condition. The functionality should already exist in your original
cube staggered grid implementation, but possible the implementation of this
boundary condition was done "wall-wise" rather than cell-wise.