[petsc-users] several DAs with different dofs

Juha Jäykkä juhaj at iki.fi
Thu Nov 7 15:35:06 CST 2013

Hi list!

I am thinking of pre-computing and storing some values that are used often
during a single TS iteration. I thought I'd create another vector from my DA
stick those values there: that would be the cleanest solution. However, the
dof of the DA is not big enough to hold all my pre-computed values!

Any suggestions how to do this?

Unless I miss something obvious, here are my "requirements". I do not need the
data across iterations. but I'd rather not realloc it every time either. The
data need no ghosts (the data are just local values of some functions of my
variables, so any ghosts needed are the ghosts of the variables). I would
value a data[][][]-style indexing for simplicity (of code). And finally, I
would value the possibility of saving these for inspection under some
circumstances in the same format as the main data (i.e. VecView).

Cheers,
Juha