[petsc-users] MPI_Comm_spawn when using PETSc

Suraj Prabhakaran s.prabhakaran at grs-sim.de
Mon May 27 09:03:53 CDT 2013

Dear all,

I am completely new to PETSc. I would like to know if it is possible to use PETSc after increasing the number of processes in an MPI program through MPI_Comm_spawn.
The application is started with a set of MPI processes and the PETSC is initialized with this set. At a later point, the application could indeed increase the set of processes (through MPI_Comm_spawn) and create a intra communicator with the parent and the children. I would like to use these processes too with PETSC. Would this be possible (by providing the new communicator for instance)?

Thanks!
Regards,
Suraj