[petsc-users] how to set the output format of vecview

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 16 21:57:18 CDT 2013

丁老师 <ztdepyahoo at 163.com> writes:

> thank you very much! could you please tell which examples demonstrate the binary viewer.

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Viewer/PetscViewerBinaryOpen.html

Or automatic, e.g., src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex2.c (or any other
example that solves something)

./ex2 -ksp_view_mat binary:my-file-name -ksp_view_rhs binary:my-file-name::append

Then load it up:
$ octave -q
octave:1> [A,b] = PetscBinaryRead('foo');
octave:2> [size(A); size(b)]
ans =

   56   56
   56    1