[petsc-users] Release of petsc-3.4

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue May 14 15:32:42 CDT 2013

I think its a reference to the following in the changes file.

The configure options --with-c-support and --with-c++-support have been removed. A PETSc library built using C or C++ can be called from either C or C++. The primary functional reason to use --with-clanguage=C++ is to use std::complex data types. Other users will likely prefer --with-clanguage=C (the default) because it compiles somewhat faster. The --with-c-support option is no longer needed because it is now the default behavior when using --with-clanguage=c++.
<<<<<<<

And the usage of _attribute__((visibility ("default")) vs
__attribute__((visibility ("hidden")) for public vs private petsc
functions.

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Visibility

Satish