[petsc-users] FW: [Fwd: Re: Question on asm]

Isik Ali Ozcer isik.ozcer at mail.mcgill.ca
Tue May 14 14:35:58 CDT 2013

Hi All,

Regarding ILU convergence at subdomain boundaries, I need to add to my colleague's message that we followed a very basic tutorial that shows matrix and rhs assembly, preconditioner and solver setup, and finally a KSPsolve.  We did not prepare any application ordering information or index sets. I am not sure if Petsc in our implementation has all the info it needs to perform proper overlapping operations with ASM. Do we need to worry about setting up AO and IS contexts before attempting KSPsolve with ASM and ILU?

Thanks a lot and have a great day,

Isik
petsc-newb