[petsc-users] Rock & Hard Place with SuperLU

Gaetan Kenway kenway at utias.utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 28 15:58:29 CST 2013

Hi everyone

I have the exactly same issue actually. When I updated to petsc-3.3,
SuperLU_dist was giving me random answers to KSPSolve(). Maybe half of the
time you would get the same result as 3.2, other times it was a little off
and other times widely differnet. I am using SuperLU_dist with a PREONLY
ksp object.

I haven't tracked down what is causing it and reverted back to petsc-3.2
that still works.

Also, to fix the issue with the configure below, just drop out the
download-metis. You need it for 3.3 but not 3.2

Gaetan