[petsc-users] A little help for running config

Yonghui lyh03259.aps at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 15:38:53 CST 2013

Dear PETSc users,

I am trying to compile PETSc, but there seems to be some problems when I run
config.

Here is my config command: ./config --prefix=/opt/PETSc --with-c++-support=1
--with-c-support=1 --with-fortran=1 --with-mpi-dir=/opt/mpich2

And here is the error message:

TESTING: checkCLibraries from
config.compilers(/home/biu/Projects/petsc-3.3-p5/config/BuildSystem/c

onfig/compilers.py:161)

***

                    UNABLE to EXECUTE BINARIES for ./configure

---

Cannot run executables created with FC. If this machine uses a batch system
to submit jobs you will need to configure using ./configure with the
additional option  --with-batch.

Otherwise there is problem with the compilers. Can you compile and run code
with your C/C++ (and maybe Fortran) compilers?

I just installed intel compiler on the machine this morning without any
error. Then I compiled mpich2 (details below) with the intel compiler.

Then sudo make install in /opt/mpich2. There is no error when compiling
mpich2.

More details:

OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (32-bit).

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz × 4

RAM: 2GB

Compiler: icc (ICC) 13.0.1 20121010, ifort (IFORT) 13.0.1 20121010 (Parallel
studio 2013 update1).

MPICH2: 1.4.1p1 (compiled with compilers above without error).

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Yonghui